Women's Empowerment

So I know I always write critiques of my ladies P!nk, Lady Gaga, and Katy Perry, but truth be told, I dance it out to their songs just like everyone else. In typical pop fashion, these stars often have positive and unhealthy songs out at the same time. So today, I will graciously highlight the good ones.

I have noticed a theme lately. There has been an explosion of "love yourself" empowering songs on the airwaves. P!nk's "Make you feel perfect," Lady Gaga's "Born this way." and Katy Perry's "Firework," are all basically saying the same thing. Accept yourself, know you're awesome and unique, and celebrate diversity. And of course dancing your heart out is great for the soul too.

Teens, what do you think of these songs? Are you feeling the love too? Let us know if you would like to see more of these kinds of songs.

0 comments: