Bruno Mars drops a bomb on the airwaves

Bruno Mars has come out with another catchy song, but “Grenade” sounds more like a warzone than a song about relationships. I understand that break ups are tough and there is usually one person who feels slighted by their ex, but I don’t know that all these weapon references should be blasted out on the airwaves. With all the recent coverage on teen suicides, Mars might need to tone it down. The chorus is below:

I’d catch a grenade for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Throw my hand on a blade for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)
I’d jump in front of a train for ya (yeah, yeah , yeah)
You know I'd do anything for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah) Oh, oh
I would go through all this pain, Take a bullet straight through my brain,
Yes, I would die for ya baby ; But you won't do the same

Love does not equal being willing to commit suicide or be killed. What do you all think about these violent references?

--Laura B.


0 comments: